niedziela, 1 maja 2011

Hi. I'm New. :D

This is my first entry on the blog called Cook-Inn Tradition so it's easy to tell that it will be about cooking. Probably it's going to be one of thousands blogs about food, without too much sparkle (and I don't even expect that it will attract many people). This morose feeling is a result of my lack of experience in cooking. The question is "in cooking what"? What I intend to post are old fashioned recipes. Old fashioned recipes from prewar Poland. If one hears old fashioned, he or she doesn't feel like reading it anymore. What I really appreciate in those recipes is that at one point they are easy to prepare but on the other hand, when you eat it, you get the feeling you are in the past. Someone might say: the past is boring. However, in my opinion Polish food which was cooked by our great-grandmothers had more flavour, and the atmosphere in which it was eaten was somewhat special. And this is what I will try to show on this blog. So don't hesitate to focus a little bit on the recipes from the past and appreciate a good flavour (which is gradually disappearing nowadays). 


In the near future, I will post my first dishes. I hope I won't destroy my kitchen. As a basis, I will be using veeerrry old books from 1909, 1930, but also the 60s. I spent zillions of hours on the Internet searching for these books. Right now, I'm trying to understand the old version (or mutation :D) of Polish so please be patient. You may also expect some recipes of cakes, cookies, cupcakes (which are quite modern) but this is my other passion and I simply adore doing all the sweet things. 


Peace,
Agnieszka

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz